My name is Rebecca, and I am one of seven team members participating on the ministry side of the Uzhhorod team. The other members of our team include:
- Phil Douce (our brave leader)
- Cheryl Harris
- David & Linda Nissly
- Mariah Miles
- Heather Kottwitz
We have one of the most diverse sections of our mission teams. A variety of ages, of relationship statuses, some are traveling with spouses, some are not, and I don’t think one person’s contribution to the team has been the same, but it is already apparent we desperately need the others for this trip. We truly are a body of Christ with individuals representing hearts, minds, hands, feet- and we could not do without the other.
The same variety exists with the ministry we will be doing. We will be visiting the various sites and missions the One Collective (a missions organization that CF has been supporting for several years with Phil and Debbie Douce). The ministry team will be with Doug & Marina, One Collective’s missionaries to the Ukraine and supporting them in their ministry to the Roma people.
- We will be holding a VBS for the Roma kids to introduce them to the gospel and a local church to help interest the children and families to continue a relationship with the local church.
- We will then be traveling to a retreat site and giving the missionaries and their families a time to rest, reflect, and let their hearts be known so they can continue the good thing God has laid out for them
- We will then be rejoining the building team and visiting with a home with young single mothers
Much have as much variety in team members as we do in ministry!
- That God would comfort and bring assurance to our families that we leave as we go on this trip
- For Phil as he travels to Africa right before the trip and meets us in Uzhhorod with Doug.
- That God would prepare the hearts and minds of those that we will be ministering to
- That God would guide us in what He would like us to say and do with those we interact with.
In Christ Jesus the Risen Messiah,