Since January 1, 2017, we, as a church, have been having thirty-one consecutive evenings of prayer. We are now two weeks into our thirty-one days. For those of you who have not been able to attend, we spend an hour together waiting with God from 7:00-8:00 p.m. each evening. We have been playing a list of songs each night. The Holy Spirit uses the songs to guide our hearts and our prayers. We gather as individuals together before and with God.
I am one among several who have put together a play list. I have had quite a few people ask me for the playlist on a given night. I have also had some ask if we can get these playlists up on our website, and I have had some ask me how I make my playlists. Here is my attempt to answer these questions. I hope you find them helpful.
When I make a playlist…
- I am motivated by the desire to help facilitate intimacy with God.
- I pray for guidance… We have access to hundreds of really great songs. I may love a specific song, but it may not be specifically geared to this type of prayer.
- I look for songs…
- To begin our time: that foster a heart connection with Jesus in a contemplative manner.
- To continue our time: that bring in the contemplative and lean towards worship.
- To end our time: that are full of worship and adoration.
Some albums lend themselves to this format, so we’ll just play the whole album through.
If you want to make your own playlist for home use, I find some of the artists on iTunes and/or Spotify. I look for: Elevation Worship, Jesus Culture, Bethel Music, Jonathan and Melissa Helser, Housefires, Bryan and Katie Torwalt, Brian and Jenn Johnson, Red Rocks Worship, Steffany Gretzinger, Vertical Church Band, Chris McClarney, and Matt Maher.
To help you gain access to our playlists, we are going to post each evening’s playlist on our website. You can find them at christianfellowship.com/resources/music.
May Jesus bless you as you wait in His presence,