The church is the place where life-changing, Christ-honoring power of the supernatural activity of the Spirit is evident. Knowing that such gifts are available and understanding how they function in a biblical way is essential.
Spiritual gifts are nothing less than God Himself in us, energizing our souls, imparting revelation to our minds, giving power in our lives, and working His sovereign and gracious purposes through us. Spiritual gifts must never be viewed, as if God is “out there some where”. Spiritual gifts are God present in, with, and through His church, expressed in thoughts, deeds, words, and most of all, love.
“Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.” I Cor. 12:4-7
- Meeting Time: Sundays 10:00 am
- Dates: May 5 – May 26 (Part 2 will begin in September)
- Meeting Location: CF Room 107 (Prayer Room)
- Facilitator: Pastor Emeritus Dan Barraco
- Materials Needed: Bible and notebook are encouraged.
- Recommended Reading: “Practicing the Power: Welcoming the Gifts of the Holy spirit in Your Life.” by Sam Storms
- Childcare: Must register for childcare